3(F) Squadron Association is the official former comrades association of
No. 3(Fighter) Squadron, Royal Air Force. Membership of the Association is open to those of all Ranks, Trades and Services who have ever been posted, or attached to the Squadron strength at any time since its formation on 13 May 1912. For membership form click on this link Mem form
Aims of 3(F) Squadron Association:
- To foster the spirit and comradeship founded during service with No. 3 (F) Squadron
- To provide means of maintaining contact with former colleagues
- To nurture and encourage the special relationship between the Squadron and its Association
- To locate and preserve any document, photograph or information which will enhance the official Squadron history.
- For further details on the history of the association, either navigate via the About 3(F) Sqn tab or click here
Our esteemed Hon. Treasurer Eric Chamberlain has been in this position for a number of years, and he feels he wants to stand down. Therefore we are looking for a replacement treasurer for the very near future. We’re not looking for a financial wizard, and the job isn’t that onerous, but is an essential part of running the Association. Anyone interested please contact the Chairman or the Vice Chairman
Please also note the events detailed below and support them as much as you can.
A new batch of cockatrice ties has arrived, £16.00 each contact Clive Handy
2018 EVENTS DIARY (Also on Forthcoming Events)
RAF100 Air Show
Brooklands Museum Tuesday July 3rd This event is cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
Annual Association Dinner and AGM
Barnsdale Lodge Hotel
Friday October 19th
We will be returning to the Barnsdale for our annual dinner on the evening of Friday October 19th with the AGM on the morning of Saturday 20th. Current OC 3 Lewis Cunningham has confirmed that the dates are in the Squadron diary. It is hoped that our President Sir Richard Johns will also attend this year.
More details to follow but potential attendees are invited to register their interest.
For all event enquiries please contact the Chairman at email@example.com
Any Three’s Company articles to the editor please.
An enamel Poppy badge is available. See ‘Merchandise’
The CO’s (Wg Cdr Lewis Cunningham) page is under ‘About 3(F) Sqn and the Association’.