3(F) Squadron Association is the official former comrades association of No. 3(Fighter) Squadron, Royal Air Force. Membership of the Association is open to those of all Ranks, Trades and Services who have ever been posted, or attached to the Squadron strength at any time since its formation on 13 May 1912. For membership form click here: Membership Form.
Aims of 3(F) Squadron Association:
- To foster the spirit and comradeship founded during service with No. 3 (F) Squadron
- To provide means of maintaining contact with former colleagues
- To nurture and encourage the special relationship between the Squadron and its Association
- To locate and preserve any document, photograph or information which will enhance the official Squadron history.
- For further details on the history of the association, either navigate via the About 3(F) Sqn tab or click here
Please see Reunion 2016 under News Update for the AGM minutes and report (pending)
For news about three of us taking part in this year’s Remembrance Day Parade in the Harrier Force Association group see the news page. You are all invited to next years parade.
The new OC 3 who takes over in January, is Lewis Cunningham
Graham Williams (042C – the first Harrier boss) writes:
‘I have written a book, entitled Rhapsody in Blue, which is basically my autobiography. Needless to say it covers those first heady days in Germany with 3 (F) Sqn! The Foreword is written by Dick Johns. It is a hardback and If anyone is interested in buying it they can do so through me at a cost of £20 + £3 p&p. I apologise for having to charge that price but publishing is not a very profitable business unless you happen to be J.K.Rowling or David Baldacci or whoever!’
An enamel Poppy badge is available. See ‘Merchandise’
The CO’s (Wg Cdr Chris Moon) page is under ‘About 3(F) Sqn and the Association’.