3(F) Squadron Association is the official former comrades association of No. 3(Fighter) Squadron, Royal Air Force. Membership of the Association is open to those of all Ranks, Trades and Services who have ever been posted, or attached to the Squadron strength at any time since its formation on 13 May 1912. For membership form Click Here .
Aims of 3(F) Squadron Association:
- To foster the spirit and comradeship founded during service with No. 3 (F) Squadron
- To provide means of maintaining contact with former colleagues
- To nurture and encourage the special relationship between the Squadron and its Association
- To locate and preserve any document, photograph or information which will enhance the official Squadron history.
- For further details on the history of the association, either navigate via the About 3(F) Sqn tab or click here
Please see Reunion 2016 under News Update for the latest on that event.
† Sad to announce that Wg Cdr Ted Sparrow passed away on 18th April at age 94. Ted was a well known member of the Association and often wrote long, detailed letters about his time on 3 Sqn during the war. These were the basis of articles in Three’s Company. The funeral has taken place.
A visit is taking place tomorrow (10th May) at RAF Cottesmore with pupils and teachers from Les Violettes school in Amiens, France to commemorate the deaths of 2nd Lt Perry and Air Mechanic Parfitt -RFC, the first air casualties of the First World War. A presentation of a 3(F) Squadron Badge will be made to them by Vic Lorriman.
Graham Williams (042C – the first Harrier boss) writes:
‘I have written a book, entitled Rhapsody in Blue, which is basically my autobiography. Needless to say it covers those first heady days in Germany with 3 (F) Sqn! The Foreword is written by Dick Johns. It is a hardback and If anyone is interested in buying it they can do so through me at a cost of £20 + £3 p&p. I apologise for having to charge that price but publishing is not a very profitable business unless you happen to be J.K.Rowling or David Baldacci or whoever!’
Please see News Update – 2016 Reunion and Sonic Booms
An enamel Poppy badge is available. See ‘Merchandise’
The CO’s (Wg Cdr Chris Moon) page is under ‘About 3(F) Sqn and the Association’.