3(F) Squadron Association is the official former comrades association of
No. 3(Fighter) Squadron, Royal Air Force. Membership of the Association is open to those of all Ranks, Trades and Services who have ever been posted, or attached to the Squadron strength at any time since its formation on 13 May 1912. For membership form click on this link This is the Membership Secretary’s email:
Aims of 3(F) Squadron Association:
- To foster the spirit and comradeship founded during service with No. 3 (F) Squadron
- To provide means of maintaining contact with former colleagues
- To nurture and encourage the special relationship between the Squadron and its Association
- To locate and preserve any document, photograph or information which will enhance the official Squadron history.
- For further details on the history of the association, either navigate via the About 3(F) Sqn tab or click here
Our esteemed Hon. Treasurer Eric Chamberlain has now relinquished his post to Dave Ellis, who was voted in as the new Hon Treasurer at the AGM on 19th October. Welcome and thanks. A heartfelt thanks goes to Eric for all his work over the years keeping an eye on the balances and in the black. Good luck with the rest of your treatment Eric and hope you feel much better soon.
In the same vein, our Membership Secretary Mike Richards has had to give up his job because of Liz, his wife’s, ill health. We thank Mike for looking after the membership records for the last two years. We welcome Phil Willsher as the new Membership Secretary who was also voted in at the AGM.
A new batch of cockatrice ties has arrived, £16.00 each contact Clive Handy
✞ It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Gp Capt Hugh Scotchmer, just short of his 95th birthday. He was CO of the sqn 1965- 1967 in the Canberra era. We were notified by his son Nick. RIP.
2019 EVENTS DIARY (Also on Forthcoming Events)
It si the general consensus that 2019’s reunion should be at the Barnsdale Lodge Hotel judging by this years attendance. We were in a bigger room and the whole evening was a great success, with many senior members attending. Comments to me please, Clive.
Any Three’s Company articles to the editor please.
An enamel Poppy badge is available. See ‘Merchandise’
The CO’s (Wg Cdr Lewis Cunningham) page is under ‘About 3(F) Sqn and the Association’.