We welcome the new OC 3(F) Squadron Wg Cdr Steve Kenworthy wef January 2019
3(F) Squadron Association is the official former comrades association of No. 3(Fighter) Squadron, Royal Air Force. Membership of the Association is open to those of all Ranks, Trades and Services who have ever been posted, or attached to the Squadron strength at any time since its formation on 13 May 1912. The Membership form can be found here: Mem-form (PayPal)
This is the Membership Secretary’s email:
Aims of 3(F) Squadron Association:
- To foster the spirit and comradeship founded during service with No. 3 (F) Squadron
- To provide means of maintaining contact with former colleagues
- To nurture and encourage the special relationship between the Squadron and its Association
- To locate and preserve any document, photograph or information which will enhance the official Squadron history.
- For further details on the history of the association, either navigate via the About 3(F) Sqn tab or click here
2019 EVENTS DIARY (Also on Forthcoming Events)
The Association has been kindly invited by Group Captain Chris Moon, Station Commander at RAF Valley and ex-OC 3, to attend the Families and Friends event at RAF Valley on May 30th.
The plan is to arrange a suitable local hotel for Association members to meet on May 29th.
Members are invited to contact Phil Ward for booking details.
It is the general consensus that 2019’s reunion should be at the Barnsdale Lodge Hotel judging by this years attendance. We were in a bigger room and the whole evening was a great success, with many senior members attending. The date slated is Friday/Saturday 18/19th October. Comments to me please, Clive.
Any Three’s Company articles to the editor please.
An enamel Poppy badge is available. See ‘Merchandise’
A new batch of cockatrice ties has arrived, £16.00 each contact Clive Handy
The CO’s (Wg Cdr Steve Kenworthy) page is under ‘About 3(F) Sqn and the Association’.
Former OC 3(F) Sqn, Phil Champniss has passed away, No other details yet. †
This web site is designed to be informative and a point of reference for all association members, if you as an association member would like to see a particular item added to the site please contact the web-master, to contact him click here.